HOW CAN FAMILY MEDIATION HELP?
Mediation East Sussex can help if you...
- lived together, were/are married or had/have a civil partnership
- are about to separate, have recently separated or have been separated for some time
- want to sort out arrangements for children or to arrange child maintenance
- have a child or children with somebody you have never lived with
- have a shared interest in a financial matter, joint assets, or property
- are a grandparent or other family member who would like to make arrangements to see a child/children
- need to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM), before you can make an application to court
- have experienced domestic violence in the past. The mediator will help you consider if mediation is safe for you at this time
Mediation East Sussex offers Family (divorce and separation) Mediation at our main office in St Leonards on Sea and also outreach services in Eastbourne, Brighton and Shoreham-by-Sea. We hold a contract with the Legal Aid agency to deliver family mediation FREE OF CHARGE to those eligible under the scheme.
Mediation East Sussex is an affiliate member of National Family Mediation and all our family mediators are registered with the Family Mediation Council (FMC) and qualified to sign court forms. They have considerable experience in both child and financial mediation.
We are usually able to offer an appointment within a few days.